ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME CELL (EDP-CELL)
A part from technological and other activities of ITM GOI campus, ITMGOI has started ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME CELL (EDP-Cell) to support the growth of students across the region, country and globe. Entrepreneurship is a key element in the industrialization and economic progress of a nation. The Entrepreneurship Development PROGRAMME Cell (EDP-Cell) at ITM GOI is established with a vision of fostering innovation and promoting entrepreneurial skills among students. At EDP-Cell, we encourage students to consider self employment as a career option, providing necessary training and learning for concept of Entrepreneurship and its exposure through Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp, Faculty Development Program and Skill development program. Entrepreneurship Development Cell strives to inspire and integrate a culture of innovation through a conducive entrepreneurial ecosystem to help budding entrepreneurs realize their dream to start up their own enterprises. The cell also organizes different activities and events time to time to train and motivate the students on entrepreneurship.
EMERGERNCE OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME CELL
The Educational institutions play a significant role in the economic development of a country as they produce the right type of human resources needed by different sectors of the economy. The technical and non- technical higher learning institutions assume greater importance in this context as these institutions produce the technical manpower needed for the industry. In order to make maximum use of facilities, expertise and innovation available in these institutions for the benefit of the economy, it is necessary that appropriate links are established between the institution and the industry. Today Entrepreneurship Cell in any educational institution is one of the platforms to interact and link Industries and educational institutions, with a view to train the people within college throughout to produce entrepreneurs for this country.
The main objective of this cell is to train and motivate the Science and Technology (S&T) persons to become Job Creators rather than Job Seekers.
- To inculcate the entrepreneurial culture into their minds and to Promote Innovation and to improve the managerial capabilities.
- To be the leader in enabling and facilitating entrepreneurs.
- Enlighting the sprit and energy of young students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programme and schemes.
- To organize:
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EAC)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDP)
- Entrepreneurship Motivation Programs (EMP)
- Faculty Development programs (FDP)
- Skill development programs (SDP)
- To assist them in starting industries of their own right from:
- Product Identification (PI)
- Field Survey, Methods for marking research
- Creation and dissemination of new knowledge
- Preparation of Project Reports
- Participate in institution entrepreneur building efforts
- Respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities
The Cell has been encouraging the innovative ideas of students by providing technical support and introducing them to the appropriate change agents for further related interaction.
- The Cell is an effective platform for the students to develop the entrepreneurial attitude as it organizes several Seminars, Workshops and student development programme through which they are provided an opportunity to meet eminent Entrepreneurs and Government Officials.
- Visits are arranged for the Staff and Students for learning industrial activities.
- Alumni, who have established their own Enterprise, are invited to share their experiences with the students regularly.
- Staff Development Programmes are organized for the College Staff to inspire the students to become the leaders in the society by innovating and entrepreneurial spirit in them.